Senior Software Engineer (L3)
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2022
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM13,342.
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing :
• Web design & development: Design and develop web applications and software solutions that meet business requirements while delivering incremental value in the process. Contribute to delivery planning by validating specifications, providing reliable estimates and scoping delivery with stakeholders.
• Software development: Write clean and scalable code, including libraries and other dependencies, and deploy to production without issues. Be well-versed on different aspects of development and continuously improve on implementation and delivery tools, including test standards and deployment tools based on changing requirements.
• Code reviews: Be skilled in reading code and escalating potential defects that may arise, as well as coaching the contributor. Provide code reviews and technical direction for team projects and uphold best practices for the entire codebase. Propose and contribute to technical debt initiatives.
• Documentation: Write concise and coherent documentation. Organize team knowledge base and resources, and keep them up-to-date.
• Defect recovery: Perform testing procedures and risk analyses to ensure that software applications meet quality, performance, and security standards. Possess sufficient knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure to recover services post deployment. Contributes meaningfully in post-mortems and owns specific recovery initiatives.
• Sharpen the Saw: Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies to propose improvements and proof-of-concepts in technical roadmaps. Be a subject matter expert in multiple parts of the technological stack.
• Team player: Work collaboratively with engineers and product managers to ship out products and features in a timely manner. Answer technical questions from other teams or outside the organization related to team projects and platforms.
• Coaching: Provide feedback on the performance of junior staff and participate in people development initiatives.
• Knowledge sharing: Be passionate about improving personal skills and inspire the same values in junior staff. Takes initiatives or supports upskilling activities within the team.
• Support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you :
• Proven track record: Have 5-8 years web software development experience or a related discipline. You are also able to deliver in Agile and SCRUM software development lifecycles and methodologies and are able to adapt to different business domains.
• Education: Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields, or have relevant professional-level certifications.
• Product Knowledge: Familiarity with the blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem and are a frequent user of CoinGecko products. You are also comfortable working in a growth-stage startup and have a growth-based experience in delivery.
• Web Development Knowledge: Solid understanding of software development life cycle and agile methodologies. Deep expertise within at least one programming environment and basic proficiency in at least one additional programming environment. Proficiency in technologies across the stack from applications to infrastructure platforms.
• People Skills: Excellent communicator who is able to build positive working relationships within the team and externally. Also able to collaborate with ecosystem partners on specific projects with direction from team leads on ad hoc bases.
• Leadership: Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Has a strong sense of shared leadership and values over all team members. Is curious & creative on finding ways to improve existing projects & workflows.
• Scope of Work: Works effectively in well-defined and open-ended projects, where some, but not all, key results are clearly defined. Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as a sole contributor.
• Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to provide multiple solutions to complex problems, using sound judgment and arguments to present a well-structured, informed narrative.
• Breadth: Demonstrated ability to learn other functional areas of business and industry – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
• Nice to have:
- Have a keen interest in blockchain technology, its components such as smart contracts and consensus, and applications including cryptocurrencies and non-fungible assets.
- Contributed to different parts of product development including ideation and user interviews.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Equity: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• Flexible Claim Allowance: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organised and we subsidize a portion of the cost.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!