Product Manager Intern
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
What you'll be doing:
• Product Development: Help drive product development through collaboration with other product managers, engineers, and designers to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use), and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement).
• Insights/Research: Contribute to the product team knowledge of our users and customers, industry trends, competitive landscape, and the data about how our customers engage with our products.
• Product Lifecycle: Assist product managers and product teams with the ideation, technical development, and launching of new products/product features.
• Analytics: Support data-driven decision making through experimentation, measurement, and analysis.
• Reporting: Assist to monitor users' reactions and measure metrics after launching new features.
• Team Player: Work collaboratively with other developers and product managers to ensure products are delivered timely and meet user expectations and goals.
• Documentation: Assist to maintain support and training documents for internal and external users.
• You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
• Here's a sample of what your time would be like with our CoinGecko Product Management Team - How to PM & Web3 in CoinGecko.
What we look for in you:
• Currently pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s degree. Graduates in computer science and related fields are encouraged to apply.
• Relevant past internship experience in a product-related role is a plus.
• Product Knowledge: Strong desire and passion to learn about the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry and the problems faced by users.
• Some familiarity with the various data tools and comfortable working with numbers.
• Product Process Skills and Techniques: Strong interest in learning the techniques and methods of modern product discovery (risk management, quantitative & qualitative analysis), product optimization (AB test and analytics), product delivery (ship to production), and the full product development life cycle.
• People Skills: Communicates clearly and have experience working with other individuals in a team towards achieving a common goal.
• Leadership: Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision after 3 months. Has a strong sense of self-leadership, curious & creative on finding ways to improve existing projects & workflows.
• Problem Solving: Passionate about solving problems faced by stakeholders together with strong user empathy.
• Growth Mindset: You love delving into new technologies and new ways of doing things.
• You have a keen interest to learn about tech, finance, economics, and cryptocurrency/blockchain.
Please take note that we are only accepting local candidates from Malaysia & Singapore. If you are interested in a remote position based outside Malaysia & Singapore, do take a look at our roles labeled remote.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• RM 1,500 or SGD 1,000 allowance /month if you are based in Malaysia or Singapore respectively.
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• An opportunity to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies from one of the pioneering companies in the industry.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!