Associate Growth Marketer (L1)
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM5,774.00
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing:
• Increase Digital Presence: Improve the reach of our product and brand across socials, and contribute cross-functionally towards various projects as needed.
• Social Media Management: Independently own and manage all of CoinGecko and GeckoTerminal’s social channels including Twitter (X), Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, and LinkedIn.
• Content Production: Produce high-quality and engaging content that can be adapted and repurposed for cross-channel use. Manage and execute all aspects of content production from ideation to implementation, including everything from market research, copywriting, basic design, and distribution. All while ensuring that we’re meeting internal guidelines and are continuously adding value to the community.
• Campaign Management: Execute end-to-end user campaigns and product launches which include but are not limited to collaboration with clients and internal stakeholders, project management, setup, and ensuring the timely delivery of campaign deliverables.
• Stay Plugged-In: Stay up-to-date with the latest cryptocurrency and marketing trends, trendjack trending narratives and breaking news all while remaining sensitive to current market sentiments. Overall, understand the needs of the market in order to remain relevant.
• Maintain Playbooks: Participate in knowledge sharing activities and ensure that existing workflows and new learnings are documented well.
• Performance Reporting: Analyze and report on performance metrics across various channels, utilizing insights to generate new ideas to improve future campaigns and content. Communicate feedback and learnings regularly.
• Work closely with team members, cross-functionally, and external freelancers.
• You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• You are a developing T-shaped Marketer with at least 3-6 months of relevant work or internship experience. More importantly you have a strong interest in one (or more) marketing channels, such as social media, videos, content marketing, digital PR, etc. Having a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or relevant fields is a plus.
• Marketing Foundations: You have basic knowledge of various marketing skills such as social media or community management, copywriting, storytelling, design (ie. Adobe, Canva), branding, UI/UX (ie. Figma), HTML/CSS and analytics (ie. GSheets, Google Analytics, SQL).
• Domain Knowledge: Passion for cryptocurrency, blockchain, or financial markets is a huge plus. Upon joining the team, you are expected to build a good understanding of our users, what are their needs vs wants, what is trending in the market, and be able to address their needs within the channels or content you own.
• Bias to Action: You are proactive in getting the job done and eager to find ways to upskill yourselves. You actively seek out new ways of working to improve your work, you are comfortable asking for advice. And more importantly, you apply what you learn.
• Operational Excellence: You have a keen eye for detail and an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your peers to similar standards in their work.
• Strong Opinions, Loosely Held: You like making decisions based on data or qualitative evidence. You have an opinion on which decision to take, but are also humble enough to embrace better ideas from others.
• Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, curious, creative, eager to move projects along, and yet patient enough to see things through to move the needle.
• Excellent Communicator: You are fluent in written and spoken English. You are a sound communicator who is able to build working relationships.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive. We also provide office space in 1Powerhouse (Malaysia) and WeWork (Singapore) if you ever feel like meeting your colleagues in person.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Virtual Share Options: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Bonus: You’ll be entitled to a bonus, with terms and conditions.
• Parking Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM 150 or SGD 100 to ease the cost of traveling.
• Meal Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM600 or SGD400 to subsidize the cost of your meals.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 (claim basis) to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organized and we subsidize a portion (claim basis) of the cost.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!