Lead Product Manager, GeckoTerminal (L4)
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2023
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM19,147 for those based in Malaysia, and SGD13,249 for those based in Singapore.
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
As part of the CoinGecko product and engineering team. You will be part of the team that :
• Develop features that will shape and set the standards for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
• Solves unique and large scale technical problems.
• Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
• Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest brands in the space.
• Always investigating and looking for the next product that will fill the missing gap in the industry.
What you'll be doing :
For this role, you will be the designated product manager for GeckoTerminal, our DEX tracker tool.
Product Development: Develop product solutions according to the product vision and product strategy by collaborating closely with product designers and engineers to come up with effective and valuable solutions (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use), and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement). Work with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, growth, sales, business development, and operations to drive product impact.
Strategy: Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
Leadership: Lead projects by defining milestones and delivering well-scope projects to create business outcomes.
Insights/Research: Contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers, industry trends, competitive landscape, and the data about how our customers engage with our products. Contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of the various constraints of the business - constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal, etc.
Product Lifecycle: Execute the ideation, technical development, and launching of new products/product features.
Analytics: Conduct data-driven decision-making through experimentation, measurement, and analysis.
Influence: Influence your teammates, colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data, logic, and storytelling.
Reporting: Monitor users reactions and measure metrics after launching new features, and being able to contribute to the process improvement of the reports.
Documentation: Create support and training documents for internal and external users from scratch, and not just build upon existing documentation.
Plugged-in: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging design practices.
Coaching: Able to mentor interns as well as junior-mid product managers. Provide material feedback on the work of junior and product managers. Participate in knowledge-sharing activities.
You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
At least 5 years of work experience with technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
Proven track record as an individual contributor product manager responsible for the value and viability of solutions.
Product Knowledge: Demonstrated the ability to quickly learn new customer knowledge, blockchain/cryptocurrency industry and domain knowledge, as well as overall business and product operations. Demonstrated the ability to use various data tools to derive insights and make actionable decisions.
Domain Knowledge: Demonstrated ability in the DeFi space, and have a firm understanding of crypto trading, DeFi metrics, competitors in the space, etc.
Product Process Skills and Techniques: Demonstrated the ability to use the techniques and methods of modern product discovery (risk management, quantitative & qualitative analysis), product optimization (AB test and analytics), product delivery (ship to production), and the full product development life cycle.
People Skills: Proven ability to engage with both individual contributors and leaders of all levels in constructive and collaborative relationships. Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship. You love talking to users and stakeholders to understand their needs and gather requirements.
People Management: Proven ability to lead and grow the careers of a small team of individual product managers. Has demonstrated the ability to own a product line and set its growth and direction.
Leadership: Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Has a strong sense of self-leadership, curious & creative in finding ways to improve existing projects & workflows.
Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative. You have a passion for solving a problem faced by stakeholders together with strong user empathy.
Breadth: Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing. You have a keen interest in learning about finance, economics, and cryptocurrency/blockchain.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive. We also provide office space in 1Powerhouse (Malaysia) and WeWork (Singapore) if you ever feel like meeting your colleagues in person.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Virtual Share Options: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Bonus: You’ll be entitled to a bonus, with terms and conditions.
• Parking Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM 150 or SGD 100 to ease the cost of traveling.
• Meal Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM600 or SGD400 to subsidize the cost of your meals.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 (claim basis) to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organized and we subsidize a portion (claim basis) of the cost.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!