Business Development (Ads Sales) Intern
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
What you’ll be doing:
• Market Research: Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market by researching sales targets, market trends and the competitive landscape. Assist with drafting sales pitches, presentations, and reference material, etc.
• Lead Generation: Generate, engage, and qualify inbound/outbound leads. Manage sales pipeline by updating all activity in the CRM. Move quality leads through the marketing funnel by setting up meetings/calls/demos between prospects and account executives.
• Relationship Management: Build long-term, trusting relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales. Perform regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitate communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs.
• Support P&L Management and Project Delivery: Collaborate with business development executives to meet the company’s targets. Support relevant teams to ensure a smooth execution of project work plans in a timely manner.
• Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
What we look for in you:
• Proven Track Record: You are pursuing or recently finished a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field.
• Research: You have strong skills to research sales targets, market trends, and the competitive landscape.
• Project Management: You take ownership of your work by ensuring all deliverables and targets are met within the agreed timeline.
• Operational Excellence: You have a keen eye for detail and an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your peers to similar standards in their work.
• Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
• Interpersonal & Communication Skills: You are able to present and communicate effectively to obtain stakeholders’ buy-in and close deals.
• Collaboration Skill: You are able to work independently while acting as a team player, willing to share knowledge and experiences with team members.
• You are familiar with CoinGecko’s products/services to successfully establish rapport with prospects.
• Passion for cryptocurrency, blockchain, or financial markets are a huge plus.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
• Please take note that we are only accepting local candidates from Malaysia & Singapore. If you are interested in a remote position based outside Malaysia & Singapore, do take a look at our roles labeled remote.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• The allowance for this position is RM2,250 (RM1,500 Monthly Allowance + RM150 Parking Allowance + RM600 Meal Allowance) for those based in Malaysia.
• The allowance for this position is SGD1,500 (SGD1,000 Monthly Allowance + SGD100 Parking Allowance + SGD400 Meal Allowance) for those based in Singapore.
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
• An opportunity to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies from one of the pioneering companies in the industry.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!