Lead Software Engineer, Zash (L4)
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM18,938 for those based in Malaysia, and SGD13,104 for those based in Singapore.
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression
What you'll be doing:
• Web design & development: Define software architecture and technical specifications for software applications including designing, building, scaling and maintaining production services. Lead software development lifecycles and day-to-day team delivery and adapt the team to changes in delivery requirements.
• Software development: Lead technical grooming and release planning for assigned teams. Conduct code reviews and other release ceremonies to ensure release timelines are met without compromising on software quality or service reliability.
• Defect Recovery: Lead pre-release and post-release requirements to ensure software applications meet quality, performance, and security standards. Identify and resolve technical issues that arise during the development process. Lead root-cause analyses of software defects and recovery initiatives.
• Documentation: Own technical documentation and other technical assets. Implement software development best practices and processes to set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization.
• Sharpen the Saw: Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web and decentralized technology. Lead initiatives on technical innovation or debt across a team of engineers.
• Engineering Leadership: Work with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, growth, business development and operations to drive product impact. Serve as the main point-of-contact for their assigned team to other business functions.
• Coaching: Be an effective mentor to junior and senior engineers. Be familiar with core values and be able to advise on the career development of individual team members.
• Team Growth & Engagement: Engage with individual team members. Contribute to hiring new staff and advise talent development of individual contributors.
• Knowledge sharing: Be passionate about improving personal skills and inspire the same values in the team. Lead upskilling activities within the team.
• Support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Proven track record: Have 8-10 years web of software development experience and proven track record as both an individual contributor and sole ownership of a full domain. Experienced leading Agile or Scrum teams.
• Product Knowledge: Is a power user and advocate of CoinGecko products. Have general knowledge of financial markets, blockchains and cryptocurrency ecosystems.
• Web Development Knowledge: Solid understanding of software development life cycle and agile methodologies. Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments. Experienced in building complex applications with security and scalability requirements.
• People Skills: Excellent communicator who is able to build working relationships within the team. Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
• Leadership: Strong sense of leadership and experience in working in growth-stage startups and leading a team of software developers to achieve a specific objective.
• Scope of Work: Work on objective-driven yet open-ended aspects of delivery. Play a key role in defining your own key results, and work with management to create a roadmap for the area you oversee.
• Problem Solving: Solve hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks and present arguments in a well-structured, data-backed, written narrative. Have passion, creativity and empathy for users.
• Nice to have:
- Experience working in growth-to-late stage startups or tech enterprises.
- Experience deploying applications in different tech stacks
- Keen interest in decentralized technologies and its applications including cryptocurrencies
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive. We also provide office space in 1Powerhouse (Malaysia) and WeWork (Singapore) if you ever feel like meeting your colleagues in person.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Virtual Share Options: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Bonus: You’ll be entitled to a bonus, with terms and conditions.
• Parking Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM 150 or SGD 100 to ease the cost of traveling.
• Meal Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM600 or SGD400 to subsidize the cost of your meals.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 (claim basis) to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organized and we subsidize a portion (claim basis) of the cost.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!