Senior Events & Campaigns Associate (L3)
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM12,235.00
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing:
• Event management: Develop and execute both physical and virtual event programs that include owned, partnered and sponsored events. This includes developing event concepts, themes, and objectives in line with organizational goals.
• Event operations: Plan all events operations and execute logistics, including venue selection, catering, transportation, and accommodations. Coordinate with internal stakeholders, external vendors, sponsors, and partners to ensure seamless execution of events. Create and manage event timelines, budgets, and resources effectively.
• Vendor management: Work closely with the business development team to recruit speakers, partners and sponsors for events. You will also be the coordinator between vendors and our internal team.
• Risk management: Identify potential risks, develop contingency plans, and calmly handle unforeseen emergencies during events to ensure safety, minimize disruptions, and maintain the event's integrity.
• Technical production: Manage all technical production activities, including audio-visual, lighting, staging, and technical aspects, ensuring seamless operation and adherence to safety standards.
• Technology Integration: Implement and manage event technology solutions for registration, attendee tracking, and engagement tools.
• Marketing and promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop event promotion strategies, including social media, email marketing, and advertising campaigns. Create compelling event materials, such as invitations, programs, and signage, ensuring brand consistency.
• Experience with MarTech: Building and maintaining a technology stack that includes virtual event platforms, streaming software and integrations to existing ones. We use Hubilo, Zoom, Crowdcast, and Restream.
• Data-driven: Track key metrics that drive the success of our events. Prepare and deliver post-mortem reports for process improvement and implementation. We partner and work with people across the globe. You may have to work nights, weekends and even odd hours to ensure the execution of a successful event.
• Process improvement: Contribute to continuous improvement of the team's existing professional standards. Create playbooks from scratch, and not just building upon existing ones.
• Plugged-in: Stay up-to-date with current news, industry trends, and emerging technologies within the events space, researching innovations, attending conferences, and networking to incorporate new ideas, enhance event experiences, and adapt strategies for continual improvement and relevance.
• Team player: Work closely with relevant internal/external teams to ensure a smooth execution of all events. Able to answer technical questions from other departments or outside the organization related to our product offerings.
• Coaching: Able to manage the work of freelancers and agencies. Able to mentor interns as well as junior-mid team members. Provide material feedback on the work of junior and mid-level team members. Participate in knowledge sharing activities.
• You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Proven track record: You have 5-8 years of experience in event planning and management for both physical and digital events.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Marketing, Hospitality, or related field is a plus.
• Product knowledge: You have a strong understanding of CoinGecko’s products/services to successfully establish rapport with prospects. You demonstrate the ability to pick up customer knowledge, blockchain/cryptocurrency industry and domain knowledge, as well as overall business and department operations quickly.
• Event management knowledge: You are an expert in the end-to-end event management process including project management, budgeting, venue management, logistics and operations, risk/crisis management, vendor management, technical production, marketing and promotion, and legal and compliance knowledge for events execution.
• Familiarity with MarTech and event management softwares: You are skilled in building and maintaining a technology stack that includes virtual event platforms, streaming software and integrations to existing ones. We use Hubilo, Zoom, Crowdcast, and Restream. You are also proficient in using event management software tools to streamline registration, ticketing, guest management, and overall event organization.
• Strategy & research skills:You have strong research and strategic analysis skills that are required to define and locate target markets, benchmark the competition, and keep the company ahead of it.
• Project management: You can set goals, plan and manage multiple projects, including the risks, costs, time, and team members involved. You take ownership of the projects by ensuring all deliverables and targets are met within the agreed timeline.
• Operational excellence: You have a keen eye for detail and an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your peers to similar standards in their work.
• Result- & data-driven: You are goal-oriented in identifying trends, preparing events forecasts, developing events strategy, and executing events. You have the ability to interpret events data and translate them into data-driven, actionable insights.
• Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
• Negotiation & persuasion skills: You are equipped with solid negotiation and persuasion skills with a sound business acumen to obtain stakeholders’ buy-in.
• People skills: You are an excellent communicator who can build working relationships within the team and externally with customers. You can present and influence key stakeholders at all levels, from associates to C-level.
• Leadership: You are self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision. You have a strong sense of self-leadership and are curious and creative in finding ways to improve existing projects and workflows.
• Problem solving: You demonstrate the ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative. Passionate about solving problems faced by stakeholders together with strong empathy.
• Growth mindset: You love delving into new technologies and new ways of doing things.
• Web3 interest: You have a keen interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, NFT, web3, and metaverse topics.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive. We also provide office space in 1Powerhouse (Malaysia) and WeWork (Singapore) if you ever feel like meeting your colleagues in person.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Virtual Share Options: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Bonus: You’ll be entitled to a bonus, with terms and conditions.
• Parking Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM 150 or SGD 100 to ease the cost of traveling.
• Meal Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM600 or SGD400 to subsidize the cost of your meals.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 (claim basis) to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organized and we subsidize a portion (claim basis) of the cost.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!