Finance Associate (L1)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
• The salary for this position is RM6,891.
• Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing:
• Financial reporting: Assist in the preparation and consolidation of monthly and annual financial reports, presentations, and other materials for internal and external stakeholders.
• Financial accounting: Assist in month-end closing and cash flow management. Support activities involving tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
• Financial operations: Support the team in managing day-to-day financial operations, such as ensuring finance schedules are well-organized, reconciling bank statements, cryptocurrency wallets, expense reporting tools, and management accounts. Maintain and update financial databases, spreadsheets, and other financial records.
• Customer management: Manage incoming sales invoices and follow up on account receivables aging status (Accounts receivable).
• Vendor management: Manage amounts due to supplier/vendor and prepare supplier/vendor payment schedule to ensure accurate timely payments (Accounts payable).
• Documentation: Assist in maintaining finance operations guidelines, standards, and templates.
• Plugged-in: Stay up-to-date with the latest financial regulations, accounting standards, industry trends, and best practices.
• Team player: Assist in collaborating with other departments to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with internal policies and external regulations. You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Proven track record: You have at least 1 year of work experience in a Finance/Accounting role.
• Education: You have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or other related areas. Having a professional qualification such as ACCA or CPA is a plus.
• Accounting knowledge: You have a sound understanding of journal entries, monthly closing, reconciliations, and general accounting principles.
• Finance skills: You have foundational knowledge of multiple areas of the Finance function - Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Operations. You also have a strong interest in learning about Financial Modeling, Budgeting & Forecasting, Treasury Management, Corporate Finance, Taxation, and Risk Management.
• Proficiency in finance data analysis tools and software: You are comfortable with Excel and familiar with v-lookup and pivot table functions. You can prepare effective presentation slides which is a plus.
• Proficiency in accounting software: You have knowledge of accounting software and ERP systems is a plus.
• Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
• Analytical & data-driven: You should be curious about data and able to tell stories using data.
• Operational excellence: You can frequently spot and prevent errors and have an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your peers to similar standards in their work.
• Strong opinions, loosely held: You are humble in embracing better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities.
• Project management: You take ownership of the projects by ensuring all deliverables and targets are met within the agreed timeline.
• Leadership: You are self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision after 3 months. You have a strong sense of self-leadership and are curious and creative in finding ways to improve existing projects and workflows.
• Problem solving: You are passionate about solving problems faced by stakeholders together with strong empathy.
• People skills: You are fluent in written and spoken English. You have experience working with other individuals in a team towards achieving a common goal.
• Integrity: You demonstrate sound judgment and ability to handle highly sensitive and private data.
• Growth mindset: You love delving into new technologies and new ways of doing things.
• Web3 interest: You have a keen interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, NFT, Web3, and metaverse topics.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive. We also provide office space in 1Powerhouse (Malaysia) and WeWork (Singapore) if you ever feel like meeting your colleagues in person.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
• Virtual Share Options: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
• Bonus: You’ll be entitled to a bonus, with terms and conditions.
• Parking Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM 150 or SGD 100 to ease the cost of traveling.
• Meal Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance of RM600 or SGD400 to subsidize the cost of your meals.
• Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 (claim basis) to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
• Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organized and we subsidize a portion (claim basis) of the cost.
• Annual Company Offsite: We gather once a year to meet each other in person, reflect on the year, and partake in social activities!
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!