Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning (Collection)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We've opened an office in Poland with the goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Collection team in Poland, allowing us better connect with customers in the repayments lifecycle.
The Collections team’s mission is to support users with paying overdue loans in a timely, transparent, and consistent manner via various communication channels. This team works in close partnership with our product manager to set an effective communication framework with users.
We are looking for highly motivated senior engineers to help grow our team in Poland. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and deploy software under Collections Team Ownership. We often have new projects, therefore everyone on the team is involved in the ideation and architecture discussions. Following our core value ‘It’s on us‘ Collections team is responsible for the whole lifecycle of the projects we work on.
- Partner with other stakeholders, including ML teams, Analytics, and Infrastructure to build robust ML pipelines on top production machine learning models.
- Develop our understanding of new data sources and how they may improve our existing processes, pipelines and models.
- Serve as a trusted advisor on the application and implementation of machine learning across Affirm.
What We Look For
- Backend software engineer with 5+ years of industry software engineering experience, and 3 years of experience in Machine Learning in general.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency designing software systems and writing production-quality software.
- Strong foundation in machine learning with experience implementing and optimizing machine learning models, preferably industry engineering experience with machine learning projects (e.g. ranking)
- Strong understanding and experience with data engineering, data analysis.
- Strong experience with Python (or Go, Java), Pytorch.
- Hand-on experience with Spark, XGBoost, Airflow, Kubernetes, and AWS (EC2, EMR, EKS, etc) is a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better, while developing a deeper understanding of applied machine learning
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 22,040 - 27,550 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.