Manager, Software Engineering, Backend (Merchant Risk Intelligence & Platform)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Merchant Risk Intelligence & Platform team’s mission is to deliver a robust merchant approval and risk monitoring platform for the timely, transparent, and consistent assessment of merchant risk throughout the merchant lifecycle. This team works in close partnership with our product managers and risk teams to effectively manage merchants throughout their lifecycle @ Affirm and build automated risk tools in order to minimize losses post-onboarding. Affirm’s stated goal is to build the largest network as measured by the number of users and merchants; a strong merchant risk capability is key to growing the merchant side of the network equation.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager to help build this team in Poland. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- Lead, mentor, and grow an engineering team responsible for the backbone of our Merchant Risk processes, collaborating closely with the Machine Learning part of the team.
- Mentor engineers on the team to help improve their designs, code quality, and testing.
- Own availability, reliability, and performance of your team’s systems.
- Partner with product managers to design and build best-in-class systems and processes to reconcile and report.
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build solutions throughout the entre lifecycle of a Merchant at Affirm.
- Build relationships and engage with senior management in the Decisions Foundation organization.
What We Look For
- 7+ years of proven experience as a software engineer role with leadership responsibilities and 1+ years as an engineering manager.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Prior experience growing and managing a high performing engineering team.
- Fluency in back end development.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and GAAP accounting is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.