Staff Software Engineer, Fullstack (Enterprise Growth and Engagement)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Enterprise Growth and Engagement team is the frontdoor of all Merchant integrations at Affirm. The goal of the team is to build the underlying technology that simplifies integration with Affirm and expand our product features to Enterprise Merchants. The Staff Software Engineer in this role will be responsible for building APIs for the Merchant Integrations Platform and optimizing the conversion process for Enterprise merchants.
We are looking for a highly motivated full stack Staff Software engineer to join us and build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the merchant network. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You’ll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build APIs and data models to work within a service oriented architecture
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participate in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer. Experience working as a technology leader is a bonus.
- Strong coding experience with Python, Kotlin or Java with some experience in front end technologies like React, NodeJs, HTML5 and CSS.
- Self driven and motivated engineer who takes pride and ownership in navigating through ambiguities and solving complex technical/organizational problems.
- Expert in designing and building distributed systems and applications, and scalable web services.
- Proficiency in Unit test and IntegrationTest frameworks.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.