Software Engineer, Early Career
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Are you passionate about software engineering and eager to make a real-world impact? Join us on a journey where your coding skills will shape the future of finance.
- We're excited to launch this brand new hybrid office program for computer science or related majors. The program will kick off in summer 2024.
- You will be based out of our office in Warsaw.
- This first year of this program requires you to work out of the office for three days a week—Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday—to collaborate with your team, early career Affirmers, and your engineering mentor. You'll experience the best of both worlds: the in-office experience and remote work. After the one-year, you can remain hybrid, go remote, or stay in an office.
- You'll be paired with an engineering mentor who you'll work alongside and meet with weekly.
Sample of Past Projects:
- Developing and growing Affirm's in-store product, including designing and implementing text-to-apply support with store-specific SMS codes.
- Building batch data pipelines to improve the resiliency and accuracy of Affirm's loan origination processes with its originating bank.
- Conducting a major overhaul of Affirm's cryptography platform, which is used to encrypt sensitive customer data and perform other cryptographic operations. Additionally, designing and implementing a public key infrastructure for mutually authenticated and encrypted communication between backend services.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training/fellowship/work experience
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better!
Compensation & Benefits
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 16,450 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Pay Grade - POL 28
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
POL base pay range per year:
Min: 197,200 zł
Mid: 241,500 zł
Max: 285,900 zł
Location - Warsaw, Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.