Senior Brand Designer (Product Marketing)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a Brand Designer to be the steward of Affirm’s visual identity in all public communication related to product marketing. As part of the Product Marketing team, you will partner closely with our copywriters and work cross-functionally with our Product Design, Content Design, Product Managers, User Research, Digital Marketing, Web Developers, and PR/Communications teams. You will be responsible for concepting and crafting consumer-facing and merchant-facing narratives of Affirm’s mission across a variety of media.
What You'll Do
- Define, maintain, and evolve Affirm's visual identity in all public communication
- Craft the visual identity of Affirm across multiple mediums with graphic design, animation, motion, illustration, photography, iconography, presentations, application design, web design, and print design
- Work alongside product marketing to amplify product , assets for online and offline marketing (including emails, display banners, social media, print, out of home, conferences and tradeshows), business collateral, video assets, info-graphics, and photography assets for content marketing
- Work cross-functionally with PMs, designers, researchers, and engineers at all stages of the product development process — from ideas to optimizations
- Contribute your expertise to marketing strategy and vision (not just “how it should look,” but “how can this be better?”)
- Develop creative visual solutions following the process from concept through to production
What We Look For
- 3-5+ years of digital and print design experience
- Experience building strong, ambitious, and iconic brands with a strong emphasis on design
- Strong portfolio showing a range of projects you’ve concepted and designed including branding and identity design systems, responsive websites, and marketing collateral
- Experience in campaign concepting, partnering and ideating with copywriters
- Proven understanding of brand, website, email, social media, digital media, animation, video, collateral/presentation and experiential design as well as composition, color, imagery, and photography
- Experienced knowledge of relevant design software (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, G Suite, Asana)
- Attention to detail – meticulous when it comes to typography, grids, balance, and white space
- Can work autonomously and communicate design decisions clearly and effectively
- Ability to concept and design quickly and share progress openly and frequently
- Informed, collaborative, and thought-through opinions. Willing to push and fight for an idea, but willing to listen and problem solve as a team player
- Comfortable art directing photographers, videographers, illustrators, and other designers
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Animation and motion graphic skills a strong advantage
Location - Remote Canada
Pay Grade - CAN 27
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.