Senior Counsel, Privacy
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm seeks a talented hands-on Senior Counsel to join its dynamic Privacy legal team. This individual will report to the team’s Managing Counsel. As a member of our team, you will play a key role in supporting Affirm’s mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What you'll do:
- Provide legal guidance for the planning and execution of the company’s data privacy, privacy-related employee and consumer protection and compliance framework.
- Advise on applicable privacy and security laws, regulatory compliance, data protection and security processes.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization, including products and services, infrastructure and marketing to ensure appropriate procedures are in place.
- Counsel management on the impact of current privacy laws and regulatory requirements in connection with current and new products, contracts, licensing agreements or developing business transactions.
- Investigate data privacy complaints or incidents.
- Coordinate any litigation and other legal matters that may be handled by outside counsel.
- Negotiate or advise on privacy and data security terms in vendor and merchant agreements, service contracts, licensing or other relevant business transactions.
- Assist in drafting policies, communications and employee training. Requires a law degree.
What we look for:
- J.D. degree from ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) with membership in good standing in a US state bar
- 6-8 years of legal experience, technology experience a plus
- 5+ years of privacy experience
- Must be a strong writer
- Attention to detail, with ability to work independently and be highly productive in fast-paced environment
Pay Grade - USA31
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA base pay range (all other U.S. states) per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.