Senior Software Engineer (Infrastructure Platform)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking to hire DevOps Engineer in the Service Infrastructure team. This is a mission critical role of ensuring our large scale infrastructure systems are healthy, automated and designed to scale. You will be partnering closely with the product and platform engineering teams to maintain high availability and reliability SLAs for Affirm services. We are looking for engineers with strong coding or operations background and passion for scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure, who pride themselves in creating self-healing resilient and secure infrastructure.
What you see below is a team spec - do not worry if you don't fit all the criteria.
What You’ll Do as a team:
- Analyse, review internal Affirm applications to design and implement improvements.
- Ensure high availability of our cloud infrastructure
- Optimise Kubernetes clusters and resources within
- Manage infrastructure using best practices of infrastructure as a code
- Secure business continuity and compliance needs through secure and resilient infrastructure
- Provide self-service solutions for Affirm engineers to streamline their work
- Write high-quality, testable, and easily digestible code that will serve as best practice templates.
- Review other’s code and designs and provide constructive feedback to meet our high quality standards.
- Design, create and expand monitoring and visibility systems to ensure the stability of our team's services.
- Serve as a technical resource across engineering, especially in guiding product development teams in areas of performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Provide daily and on-call support to other engineering teams.
- Optimise Affirm systems and code for cost efficiency, security and compliance.
Your core skills
- At least 6 years of industry experience, including 4+ years as DevOps
- Proven coding or scripting skills, preferably Python, Golang or Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience in public cloud (preferably AWS)
- Design and development of highly available systems (99.99%+ SLA)
- Infrastructure as a code - preferably Terraform
- Mentoring and enabling other engineers
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring solutions (e.x. Prometheus, ELK)
- Cost management
- Developing multi-region cloud solutions
- Solid experience in cloud networking - both on cloud and within Kubernetes
- Experience with databases and optimizing database usage within infrastructure
- Good knowledge of SDLC tooling, including CICD systems, artifact and container repositories
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 22,040 - 27,550 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Pay Grade - POL30
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
POL base pay range per year:
Min: 264,500 zł
Mid: 330,600 zł
Max: 396,800 zł
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.