Product Manager, Trust & Safety Foundations
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager of Trust & Safety who will lead a foundational product area. You’ll address sophisticated internal product challenges that impact many teams, and improve the experience of all of our users. This includes working on everything from integrating third-party data providers, to anti-fraud mechanisms, to helping define developer productivity toolsets. You’ll lead one of the areas that make up Trust & Safety: Foundations. The Trust & Safety team is in hyper growth in terms of its size and impact, which is why this is an outstanding opportunity to set and complete a product strategy that will craft the future of Affirm.
What You'll Do
- Lead and guide product direction for a cross-functional team of engineering, analytics, and platform partners. All with a platform approach.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with product, engineering, and platform partners to influence shared cross-team directions and manage risks or trade-offs.
- Define product requirements, work with the engineering team to drive requirements, work with engineering teams in sprint planning and prioritization of user stories to deliver the requirements, work with other team members on planning and launching the products/features.
- Work with analytics team to measure ongoing success of the product area and report to the leadership team.
- Become an authority in Affirm’s internal developer experience, their difficulties, and opportunities for improvement. You will identify customer needs, business opportunities, and technology gaps through a combination of user research, feedback, data exploration, and competitive analysis.
- Become an expert on industry trends of foundational platform capabilities, developer productivity and apply the knowledge to shape the roadmap.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership partners and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways.
- Understand the levers to optimize developer productivity.
What We Look For
- 3+ years of experience as a platform Product Manager
- Passion to drive organizationational and developer efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate customer problems and drive alignment with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- Excellent at identifying and prioritizing high impact initiatives
- A scrappy, get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent at establishing cross-functional relationships, tapping into those relationships and drive consensus to make progress
- Very good at influencing leadership and cross-functional teams
- Experience in Confluence, JIRA are preferred
- Familiarity with SQL and Spreadsheets for product analysis
Pay Grade - CAN29
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.