Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Capital Markets team to evaluate, structure and price consumer asset-backed transactions
- Develop and enhance capital structuring and pricing models tailored to Affirm’s consumer loan portfolio to enable efficient deal execution
- Build quantitative models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans
- Provide insights on capital markets deals to cross-functional teams for more optimal and efficient funding strategy and merchant pricing
- Partner cross-functionally with our Capital Markets, Treasury, Merchant Pricing, Credit, Commercial, Product and Engineering teams to evaluate funding, product, and business decisions
What We Look For
- 4+ years of relevant experience structuring asset-backed transactions, forecasting consumer loan performance, and/or building quantitative models
- Experience with industry-standard tools such as Intex/Bloomberg and working with accountants, rating agencies, and internal/external partners
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- A proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Desire to understand the broader context of business decisions
Pay Grade - USA29
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA base pay range (all other U.S. states) per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.