Analyst I, Merchant Risk Underwriter
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that offers clear and transparent financing to consumers, we are extremely attentive to ensuring that our merchant partnerships are successful for Affirm, our merchants, and most importantly, our customers! Our merchant partners encompass various industries and business models, ranging from venture-backed e-commerce startups to publicly-traded enterprises.
As a Merchant Underwriter, you will assess financial risk related to credit, fraud and identity associated with the merchants. You will also coordinate with cross-functional partners to assess non-financial risk - brand, reputational, legal and compliance risk.
What you’ll do
- Assess various risks and determine credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants to determine an appropriate course of action
- Use business credit reports, investigative research tools, and financial market data to conduct risk assessments
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud, and dispute/chargeback trends by merchants in order to detect changes and anomalies from expected performance
- Leverage your knowledge to provide guidance towards the automation/improvements of merchant risk evaluation
What we look for
- 1-2 years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, or Merchant Underwriting
- Experience reviewing financial statements and/or payment processor statements
- Demonstrates an appropriate sense of accountability, ownership, urgency, and execution
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Pay Grade - CAN25
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.