Sr. Product Manager, Merchant Experience (San Francisco)
We are Route
Buying stuff online can get messy once you hit that “order” button. Managing dozens carrier tracking links, dealing with lost or damaged packages, and resolving issues with customer support can feel like a wild goose chase. That’s why we created the Route — to make the post-purchase experience for consumers like you, and the brands you love, as seamless as possible.
Route is on a mission to connect the world’s commerce. Through our network of millions of Route App users and thousands of merchants, we’re making it easier than ever for consumers to track, insure, and discover their favorite products in one place — which connects the world’s best direct-to-consumer brands to happy, repeat customers.
Since Route launched in 2018, we’ve been on a journey to build innovative products that empower our customers, all while fostering a people-first, values-driven company culture. We’re looking for talented people across the ecommerce space to join us on the next steps of this adventure.
Don’t just take our word for it! Discover what life at Route has to offer.
The Product team plays a critical role at Route, setting strategies and executing on innovative products that deliver best-in-class experiences for the thousands of retailers we partner with and the millions of consumers we serve. Product owners at Route thrive by putting themselves in their user’s shoes, and deliver value by solving the challenges these customers and consumers face. They achieve these results by first deeply understanding these problems and then creating innovative solutions.
As a Senior Product Manager at Route, you will have an opportunity to own the product experience surrounding the acquisition, activation, and retention of merchants. This includes Route.com, onboarding, and our merchant portal. In addition to higher-level strategy and vision, you will involve hands-on collaboration with Design and Engineering to build a best-in-class merchant experience.
What you’ll do
- Unite a large set of stakeholders across Product, Product Marketing, Sales, Implementation, Customer Success, and Revenue Operations on a shared understanding of the merchant journey at Route.
- Optimize and improve existing merchant touchpoints to create a best-in-class merchant platform, white maintaining a focus on performance, usability, and security.
- Partner with product peers and data analysts to provide meaningful and actionable insights in our merchant dashboard.
- Work hands-on with engineers to implement and build new features that meet Route’s standards of simplicity and quality.
- Develop and execute A/B test plans to continually look for ways to improve performance of different areas of merchant growth and experience at Route.
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience working in Product Management roles at an e-commerce or internet software company
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle; track record of delivering high-quality results at scale
- Ability to translate end user requirements into business needs; understand and discuss technical concepts
- Strong collaboration skills that allow you to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience w/ Amplitude, Figma, G Suite, Jira, mParticle, Salesforce, SQL, Split, Tableau is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, work autonomously and with accountability
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or relevant experience is preferred
Equal opportunity for all
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We know our team works best when everyone feels happy, healthy, and supported. We offer to pay 100% of your health insurance premiums on a $0 deductible plan for you and your family, remote or hybrid work arrangements, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, formalized growth opportunities, learning & development, DEI programs & events, and so much more.
Salary for this role: $180,000 - $223,000
The cash compensation above includes base salary, and is not reflective of potential commission for employees in eligible roles, or annual bonus targets under Route’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all Route employees are eligible to participate in Routes equity incentive plan to receive stock options per the terms of the agreement. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their career level, skills, experience, specific geographic location qualifications and other job-related reasons.