Assistant Store Manager
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Interested in working at Sandbox VR? Sneak peek of our store experience HERE.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you’ll be responsible to assist the GM in the day-to-day operations of your store, ensuring an incredible guest experience for every person that walks into your store.
- Maximize Store Profitability: you’ll be assisting the General Manager in planning on executing on local marketing for your location, to maximize occupancy and revenue.
- Building and Developing Store Staff: you’ll also be assisting the GM in all HR matters including hiring, supervising, training and termination of staff if needed.
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting: you will support the General Manager in all aspects of monitoring, managing and troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise in day to day operations.
- Manage and Oversee Safety Programs: you’ll be responsible with overseeing and managing all safety protocol and policies.
What We Are Looking For:
- Leadership Experience: this is a retail leadership position, so you should have a minimum of an AA degree (BA or BS desired), or 5 years relevant experience at the operations management level in a retail or hospitality industry.
- Customer Service: Delivering an exceptional experience to all of our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company, so you should have some basic retail, customer service or hospitality experience. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and mostly importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our staff alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance, and having excellent telephone manners is essential.
- Basic Business Literacy: As a lead in our retail store, you should have basic math and business skills, including understanding of profit and loss statements. You should be extremely organized and understand how to plan for the future. You are also proficient in the MS Office / GSuite, especially MS Excel.
- IT & Technical Fluency: You should have basic IT and technical skills in order to troubleshoot technical support issues during day to day operations.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of times. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 50 lbs) or climb up stairs. You’ll also need strong close distance hand eye coordination and dexterity in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Hustle & Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for a team member that understands the hustle, urgency, and work ethic required to bring something new to the world. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgement, and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
Note: Evening and weekend availability may be required depending on the business’ needs.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.