Office Administrator (Part-Time)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Sandbox VR is seeking a part-time Office Administrator to join our dynamic team and support the smooth functioning of our new Vancouver office. As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily administrative operations, maintaining office efficiency, and offering additional support to two of our executives. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company and have a direct impact on creating a positive work environment.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the office, ensuring a productive and efficient work environment
- Manage office supplies, inventory, and equipment maintenance
- Coordinate and execute office events, meetings, and team-building activities
- Respond to general inquiries and maintain a professional and welcoming office atmosphere
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees and ensure a smooth integration process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support various administrative tasks
What We're Looking For:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in using productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite or G Suite
- Familiarity with project management tools and software is a plus
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
The total average working hours would be around 8-10 hours per week, ideally Tue and Thurs 1pm to 5pm. The working time may be increased, depending on the job needs.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.