Retail Associate (Seasonal)
San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 2, 2023
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Interested in working at Sandbox VR? Sneak peek of our store experience HERE.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Incredible Guest Service: your priority is to serve our Guests and help create memorable experiences inside our stores. You exude positivity and enthusiasm and making a Guest happy makes your day!
- Answer Questions about Sandbox: you’ll be knowledgeable about our VR experiences, equipment, promotions, and how our sessions work so you can answer questions from walk-in Guests and Guests that call during operating hours.
- Maintain a Safe and Clean Environment: you'll initiate and perform daily tasks to maintain the aesthetic appeal and cleanliness of our stores. and prepare rooms and equipment for Guests.
- Make a Great First Impression: you'll greet and welcome Guests as soon as they walk through our doors and set the tone for a fun experience. You’ll guide them through booking and/or check-in.
- Leave a Lasting Impression, Too: you’ll also support Guests at the end of their experience to make sure they leave excited to share their personalized videos and stories with friends.
- Be Excited to Sell Fun: the easiest place to sell Sandbox VR is – inside Sandbox VR! You seize the opportunity to win Guests back in our doors to book another experience before they leave.
- Collaboration & Communication: you’ll be asked to partner alongside management and team members to assist with the needs of day-to-day operations, like Guest Service needs, technical issues, or providing work breaks for fellow coworkers.
- Live the Sandbox VR Way: be a team player andexceed expectations of our Guests by promoting our culture, mission, and core values.
What We Are Looking For:
- Guest Service Focused: Delivering an exceptional experience to all our Guests is the most important thing we can do in our company. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and most importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our Guests and our team alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge to provide a white-glove experience for our Guests.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of time. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 25 lbs.), or climb upstairs. You’ll also need strong close-distance hand-eye coordination and dexterity capabilities in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Team-First Mentality: We win collectively at Sandbox VR. You’ll be expected to bring a positive attitude, collaborate and work effectively with your team, especially during high volume/intense situations. You look for ways to help and support your team.
- Friendly and Personable: You enjoy sparking conversations and building relationships with others. You are polite, courteous, and genuinely passionate about creating positive interactions with others.
- Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for people that thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced environment. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgment and can learn quickly on the job.
Note: Evening and weekend availability may be required depending on the business’ needs.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.