Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
Interested in working at Sandbox VR? Sneak peek of our store experience HERE.
What You Will Be Doing
- CEO Mentality: responsible for leading store operations through understanding and enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, training programs and cultural points
- Job Mastery: master and be able to perform/train every position in the store through the GM level
- Live the Sandbox VR Way: exceed expectations of our guests and team by promoting our culture, mission and core values
- Community Leader: partnering with local charities and organizations that build positive relationships within the community
- Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations of your store, ensuring an incredible guest experience for every person that walks into your store.
- Maximize store profitability: you’ll be responsible for managing labor and local marketing for your location, to maximize occupancy and revenue
- Building and Developing Store Staff: you’ll be responsible for partnering with Human Resources to consistently recruit, onboard and train all employees at the store level
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting you’ll be responsible for all aspects of monitoring, managing and partnering with our Hong Kong support team to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in day-to-day operations.
- Collaboration: you’ll be asked to partner with multiple Sandbox VR departments for ad-hoc projects, meetings and other administrative/operational duties that might arise in a fast-growing startup company.
- Payroll: Partnering with Human Resources to ensure payroll procedures are accurate and delivered on time
- Safety and Cleanliness: ensuring the safety and cleanliness of our equipment and location exceed the expectations of our guests and team.
- Financial Reporting: partnering with the people operations team to report accurate financials daily
- Communication: consistently and effectively communicate all new initiatives, store issues, project updates and ideas through the proper communication channels
Who We Are Looking For:
- Leadership Experience: Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience at the operations management level in a retail or hospitality industry.
- Guest Service Focused: Delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company, so you should have some basic retail, guest service or hospitality experience. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and most importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our staff alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge to provide a white-glove experience for our guests.
- Basic Business Literacy: As a leader in our retail store, you should have basic math and business skills, including an understanding of profit and loss statements. You should be extremely organized and understand how to plan for the future. You should have knowledge of MS Office and GSuite.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of time. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 25 lbs.) or climb upstairs. You’ll also need strong close-distance hand-eye coordination and dexterity capabilities in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Team First Mentality: At Sandbox VR we live by the team-first mentality. Leaders are expected to lead from the front and set a positive example for the team by living the Sandbox VR way, especially during high volume/intensity situations.
- Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for a leader that understands the hustle, urgency, and work ethic required to bring something new to the world. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgment and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
- Earned paid time off
- Sick time
- 401(k) + Match
- Medical, dental, commuter benefits, life insurance, and disability for all who qualify
- Health and wellness resources and discounts for all those who qualify
- Exclusive savings on entertainment, shopping, hotels, and more
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance reviews with merit increase for those who qualify
- Free Sandbox VR gear!
- Career path - We are growing! Help us bring the holodeck to every neighborhood in America!
Note: Evening and weekend availability may be required depending on the business’ needs.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.