Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
As a Software Engineer at Sandbox VR, you'll have a huge impact on our product. This is a full-stack position, so you'll be working closely with the rest of our team building our core online software experience and touching all aspects of our code and stack including web infrastructure, APIs, and frontend tech.
This team has the challenge to tie together the online and offline experience across web, device, virtual reality, and physical retail through a novel digital experience. You will help us build this software and stack from the ground up and help define our engineering culture. You will be a significant code contributor.
What You'll Do:
- Experience with the stack: TypeScript, React, NodeJS, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Platform.
- We value ownership highly—the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company but is especially true in engineering.
- You love building new things with modern tools. You can hack together ideas without compromising stability, security, code integrity or the user experience. You know what it takes to ship software and understand a path from MVP to scaling a product and codebase. You understand how to design systems in a distributed manner. We build and release frequently and look for those who share that passion.
- You will also help architect our internal systems and processes including analytics, release engineering, monitoring, data management, and other components of small team software development.
- You should be an open-minded person and team player with strong communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and a positive attitude.
- Experience with Golang and Grafana is a plus!
Who We're Looking For:
- If you've been a founder in the past, that would be a huge plus. Especially if you've failed - our CEO is failed founder and we enjoy being the underdogs trying to create the impossible. Failed founders fit right in with us.
- If you’ve been an early team member of a startup, we’d love to hear about your experience at different stages of growth. Shipping software evolves as the team size evolves. Understanding how to be scrappy and yet build for the future is an art.
- Have you worked in a distributed engineering team before and have examples of what worked and what didn’t to stay closely connected with your peers? Working remotely isn’t for everyone, and we work tirelessly to best fit into each other’s workflows while minimizing disruptions as possible.
- If you’ve worked in a continuous deployment environment in the past and can clearly articulate the benefits and costs of continuous deployment vs integration, we’d love to hear about it!
- If you’ve been an engineering leader, we’d love to hear that as well. Helping recruit and manage talented contributors is important to this role long-term and your growth is tied to the growth of the team.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.