Senior Operations Manager, Inbound & Quality Operations
Operations, Quality Assurance
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2024
About Your Role
As a Senior Operations Manager of Inbound and Quality Programs, you will own safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience in the Inbound and Quality departments at our Phoenix SFC (Sending Fulfillment Center). Key areas of focus encompassed in this role include but are not limited to developing process improvements, generating reporting mechanisms to support processes, owning people development through coaching and mentoring, and partnering with the support staff to build policies and procedures for all warehouse areas.If you are looking for a role that will allow you to be a change agent and make a key impact, this is the role for you!
- Own the overall safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience of the Inbound and Quality departments at our PHX SFC.
- Own all budgetary, people development, and operations objectives for Inbound and Quality operations.
- Coach, mentor, and lead a team of area managers to build positive employee relations and leadership bench strength within the SFC.
- Develop process improvement initiatives and lead change management using lean methodologies and KPIs to improve overall performance in safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience.
- Participate in the entire staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for area managers.
- Leverage area managers and associates by sourcing and nurturing ideas and rolling them into improvement plans for the warehouse.
- Partner with support staff (Safety, HR, CS, IT, BizOps, Finance, LP, other Sr. Leaders, etc.) to build policies and procedures for all areas of the SFC.
- Balance daily tactical excellence with long-term strategic vision with a continuous improvement mindset.
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in a fast-paced e-fulfillment environment with 5+ years of experience leading Inbound/Quality Programs across a fulfillment organization.
- 7+ years of leading and executing process improvement and driving organizational change through kaizen and rapid PDCA cycles.
- Previous e-fulfillment startup experience and/or experience launching new Warehouse/Distribution/Fulfillment Centers.
- Large ‘at-scale’ experience within a complex public company is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Excel preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency in coding languages such as SQL, VBA, etc. preferred
How You’ll Work
- Ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent.
- Data-driven with an ability to identify and leverage details geared toward improvement.
- Ability to reconcile what the data shows with what is happening with direct observations.
- Unwavering in core convictions but able to pivot in a new direction when new data arises.
- Experience building and innovating processes from the ground up with a relentless focus on the customer experience.
- Proven experience using WMS and partnering with tech teams for improvements.
- Track record as an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business executives and front-line associates.
- Proven ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Proven ability to lead tactically while designing strategically.
- Exceptional ability to partner across all stakeholders, internal and external, to fulfill operations
- Ability to positively influence the organization with experience leading teams of 500+Embraces Servant Leadership and is an enabler to the success of others.
How we work:
• We work sane, sustainable and flexible working hours.
• We offer PTO, and have a genuine, supportive culture around work life balance and boundaries.
• We are consistently building, refining and automating processes to aid our work; we encourage each team member to propose and adopt new technologies, frameworks, and processes that make us more effective as an organization.
• We provide comprehensive benefits to reward and support our employees.
Who We Are:
Sendoso is the leading Sending Platform that delivers modern direct mail, personalized gifts, eGifts, and other Physical Impressions™ at scale. This makes it possible to build stronger, deeper, and more trusted relationships that move everything up and to the right! We’re a Series C company with $154M in venture capital funding with more than 800+ customers and 20,000 active users. Our award-winning Sending Platform connects online and offline experiences via cloud software, automation, and real-world logistics.
Our mission is to help companies rise above the noise by eradicating spam and elevating relationships. Our goal is to enable businesses everywhere to make more human connections in a digital world.
We are unable to hire in the following states at this time: CO, HI
Sendoso is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
By submitting your application, you agree that Sendoso may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes.