Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
WHAT WE DO
At Shef, we are building a homemade food marketplace. We believe in providing the shefs in our community (refugees, immigrants, stay-at-home parents, retirees and out-of-work restaurant chefs) the opportunity to make a meaningful income by doing what they love! We also believe that every person should have access to a wholesome, home-cooked meal at an affordable price. Building a community devoted to economic empowerment and cultural inclusivity -- that's why we started Shef.
We are committed to reimagining home cooking around the country to empower everyone to make meaningful incomes by feeding their neighbor and have raised over $100m from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, and M13, as well as founders and executives from Instacart, TaskRabbit, StubHub, AngelList, Lyft, Airbnb, and Yelp. We have a ton of exciting work ahead of us and are excited to have you join us!
We would also love for you to give Shef a try yourself! Just CLICK HERE for $15 off your first order! We can't wait to hear what you think!
As the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for building and leading Shef’s marketing organization with an eye towards sustainable business growth and market expansion. You will sit on the company’s executive team and work alongside org leaders to set business and org strategy, while driving the marketing team to deliver on business objectives. You will oversee all pillars of marketing including channel management (paid and organic), lifecycle, analytics, content and creative.
- Oversee all supply and demand acquisition channels including online and offline marketing, SEO / content marketing, lifecycle / CRM marketing, and product marketing
- Manage headcount, budgeting and resource allocations including channel budgets to help achieve the company's objectives
- Work alongside the team to craft Shef's messaging, positioning and target customer profiles using insights from customer and market research
- Sit on the executive team and have a voice in strategic direction and company prioritization for Marketing
- Own the full marketing and growth funnel including awareness, activation, reengagement and winback to drive growth in new customers as well as repeat orders
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering and ops teams to drive cross functional growth efforts
- Oversee creative design and content production to create campaigns and assets that drive growth
- Manage and develop a growing team of 8 managers and ICs, including channel managers, growth marketers, content and creative managers
- 10+ years of marketing experience, with 5+ years experience leading marketing at a consumer-facing company
- Track record of building and executing go-to-market strategy for rapidly scaling consumer tech businesses
- Experience efficiently managing multimillion dollar marketing budgets.
- Track record of managing across marketing functions, including acquisition, lifecycle, content and creative
- Strong understanding of acquisition marketing channels, including paid, affiliate, content, partnerships and other emerging channels
- Strong understanding of how to collaborate with product to drive cross-functional growth efforts
- Track record of successfully recruiting, managing and developing high performing teams
- Work Ethic: strong work ethic with the willingness to get your hands dirty
- Strong Communicator: distills complexity into clear and concise messaging
- Data-driven: defines, measures, and manages metrics to achieve business objectives
- Strategic thinking: ability to participate in strategy at business level and set strategy at org level to achieve business objectives.
- Leading with empathy: listens first and seeks to make an impact through service.
- Passionate about Shef’s mission to provide talented cooks with economic opportunity and to share their food with our communities.
At Shef, we are building a platform that celebrates difference and cultural inclusivity by providing equitable opportunities for economic empowerment and by reimagining food making and sharing in our 21st century world. Our employee, shef, and customer communities represent a wide, beautiful cross-section of individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, and walks of life.
Shef is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a team that reflects the communities we serve, and a workplace that nurtures and empowers unique identities and experiences. We are committed to advancing equity in a tech industry that has often fallen short. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC (Black; Indigenous; People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the industry, across color, religion, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity.
For individuals who require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.
Note: Please protect yourself from job scams! Do not respond to fake employment offers for Shef from third-parties.
Shef will never ask for money or fees at any point during the interview process; if you are being asked to send money as part of your interaction do not send money.
Shef does not ask applicants to communicate through Telegram, Skype or WhatsApp. If you are being asked to download a third party app to communicate for a job interview, do not download.
Shef posts all legitimate job openings on our jobs page. You may come across job postings on various job boards. Any legitimate role on a third party site will also be posted on our careers page. Please verify a role exists or apply directly at https://jobs.lever.co/shef.
If you come across any of the situations above, please report them to our recruiting team.
See more open positions at Shef
Something looks off?