Fleet Account Executive (U.S. Southeast)
Sofar Ocean Technologies
Sofar is on a mission to connect the world’s oceans. We design, build, and deploy the largest privately owned network of marine weather sensors to power the world’s best marine weather forecasts. Our data helps our customers to increase efficiency and reduce emissions, delivering tools to governments and other stakeholders to understand impacts of climate change on extreme weather and ocean health. We live on Planet Ocean, and our goal is to create the ocean intelligence needed to ensure a sustainable future.
The oceans cover over 70% of the Earth’s surface. They drive our weather, power global trade, and are the backbone of coastal communities worldwide. They are also our greatest ally in the fight against climate change.
At Sofar, we are on a mission to connect the world’s oceans to power a more sustainable future. Our Spotter buoys are used by science, society, and industry to collect and transmit data in real-time from all five oceans. We leverage this network of hundreds of buoys to produce best-in-class ocean weather forecasts and planetary-scale datasets, insights that power our maritime solutions, like voyage optimization, extreme weather monitoring, and more.
By connecting the world’s oceans, we empower individuals, communities, and organizations to be stewards for the sea, and help make a more sustainable future possible for our planet.
- Responsible for executing Sofar’s GTM strategy for device sales into the following segments: US Government civil (USGS, NOAA, DOE, etc), Research & Academia (North America East and Europe)
- Individually win sales and ensure customer success to drive additional purchases
- Influence the Product Team by providing customer/market feedback to inform roadmap
- Work with marketing to devise demand generation campaigns and materials for educating the market on Sofar’s products
- Focus of the first three months is to create a strong pipeline of opportunities
- Take ownership of existing deal pipeline in your market segments
- Ownership of the full sales cycle, from prospecting to close
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales role
- Familiarity with / comfort with scientific instrumentation, either from a previous sales role or from field experience in oceanography, environmental science, ecology, environmental chemistry, etc.
- Proven track record of creating pipeline and ‘cold calling’ into new accounts
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures and operate as a remote employee within a geographically dispersed team
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Existing relationships with U.S. Southeastern research and academic institutions and/or government laboratories
- Located in the U.S. Southeastern region; Mississippi or Florida preferred
- Deep passion for the Ocean
- Familiar with using Hubspot CRM
- Personal vehicle, driver’s license, and ability to visit customer sites
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.