Composites Lamination Technician
COMPOSITES LAMINATION TECHNICIAN
The composites production team is looking for talented individuals to join them! As a composites lamination technician, you will be responsible for building rocket and spacecraft structures. The task requires both high attention to detail and precision layup.
- Laminate assemblies by determining proper placement of composite materials into molds
- Prepare parts for bagging, including placement of bleeders, thermocouples, probes and vacuum connections
- Perform vacuum bag processing, bonding, and oven/autoclave curing
- Make basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions using calipers, micrometers, precision scales and torque wrenches
- Prepare surfaces using grit blast, hand abrade and power abrasion techniques
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of assembly experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with composite materials in either layup (lamination), bonding or assembly of composites (prepreg or wet layup)
- Experience operating a ply cutting machine
- Experience operating a laser projector to layout laminated assemblies
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, an understanding for drawing symbols, flag notes and general notes
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, read travelers and standard operating procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working within a fast-paced production environment
- Willing to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends as needed. We have two shifts: 1st shift (est start time 5 am); 2nd shift (est start time 3:30 pm)
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Lamination Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Lamination Technician/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Lamination Technician/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.