SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Deburr Technician is a critical part of our machining team. The technician in this role will be responsible for the final finishing of all parts, pieces and components coming out of our CNC machining areas. Strong attention to detail and the ability to stand and concentrate for long periods of time are required for this position.
- Grind, file, or sand surfaces of metal items, utilizing a variety of hand tools, power tools, and machines
- Examine surfaces in order to find defects
- Remove defects and smooth uneven surfaces
- Clean and organize work area
- Install aircraft grade hardware such as STI
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of professional work experience deburring, grinding, or machining metal items or completion of a technical trade program in manufacturing, machining, electronics, automotive or assembly
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with basic blueprint reading
- Able to bench close tolerance dimensions within what the blueprint calls for
- Experience utilizing various measuring instruments-mics, veneers, ultra-sonic thickness gauges, etc.
- Able to utilize various grinding equipment - angle head grinders, pencil grinders, straight grinders, and palm sanders
- Nominal shift hours: 1st shift (5AM-3:30PM), 2nd shift (3:30PM-2AM)
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work overtime and or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Deburr Technician /Level 1: $20.00/hour
Deburr Technician /Level 2: $22.00 - $26.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.