NDE Level II Inspector, Radiography Inspection (RT) - Weekend Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NDE LEVEL II INSPECTOR, RADIOGRAPHY INSPECTION (RT) - WEEKEND SHIFT
The Non-Destructive Evaluation operations organization at SpaceX is an inclusive, inter-disciplinary team that is committed to providing high quality inspections of flight components and production assemblies. The breadth of exposure as an NDE Level II Inspector is immense, as the organization is responsible for a broad range of inspection types across Falcon, Dragon, Starship, and Raptor programs. You have the ability to engage with the process to provide continuous improvement to execute on the mission to make humanity interplanetary.
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced radiographic techniques: Traditional analogue, computed, and direct digital
- Perform near-surface NDE inspections using dye penetrant and visual inspection methods
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate, and report findings to production and engineering teams
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Optimize and manipulate digital images for maximum clarity and accuracy
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Non-Destructive Evaluation Level II certification in line with ASNT TC-1A, NAS-410, or DOD guidance in radiography (RT)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience as a level II non-destructive evaluation/testing inspector
- Radiation safety training/certification with IRRSP X-ray card
- 3+ months of experience performing digital radiography
- Computed or direct digital certification
- Operational experience of utilizing digital radiography systems
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A guidance in dye penetrant (PT) and visual inspection (VT)
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of Carestream, Virtual Media Integration (VMI), VJ or YXLON imaging kits
- Experience operating computed panels, scanners and direct digital panels
- Experience inspecting advanced materials such as high strength aluminum alloys, precipitation hardened steels, inconel, titanium and maraging steel (super alloys)
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM
- Ability to lift 25lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and walk
- Willing to work overtime to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work the weekend shift - 4:00am-4:00pm or 4:00pm-4:00am (Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Monday or Saturday-Tuesday)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
NDE Level II Inspector, Radiography Inspection (RT)/Grade 3: $33.00 - $44.75/hour
NDE Level II Inspector, Radiography Inspection (RT)/Grade 4: $38.00 - $51.50/hour
NDE Level II Inspector, Radiography Inspection (RT)/Grade 5: $43.00 - $58.25/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS (ITAR) REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.