SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Setup and/or operate multiple EDM machines
- Machine parts to required tolerances while meeting expected completion dates
- Develop, track, and optimize machining parameters for different materials
- Develop and make any required fixturing to support the EDM area
- Perform preventative maintenance of EDM machines as required
- Perform other various machining functions while machines are running to support the operations of the shop
- Measurement and inspection of tight tolerance parts using various gages, indicators, and micrometers
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of wire or sinker EDM operating experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years CNC wire or sinker EDM set-up, operating, and basic programming experience
- Experience with CNC EDM hole drilling/hole popper setup
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints and experience with GDT
- Advanced knowledge of EDM programming
- Advanced knowledge of EDM work holding
- 5+ years of experience with Sodick wire machines
- Strong knowledge of cutting parameters for copper and high temperature alloys
- Must be available for 1st shift (5:00 AM to 3:30 PM) or 2nd shift (3:30 PM to 2 AM)
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
EDM Machinist/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
EDM Machinist/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
EDM Machinist/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.