Production Control Scheduler (Fleet Maintenance)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION CONTROL SCHEDULER (FLEET MAINTENANCE)
- Provide tactical and strategic long-range scheduling expertise to our Fleet Maintenance team
- Coordinate and review input from internal customers, manufacturing stakeholders, suppliers, and business development to support and maintain master repair schedules for assets using Microsoft Office or applicable software as required
- Work across all departments to understand critical work requests ahead and behind targets to mitigate schedule impact risks
- Work across all departments to ensure scheduled maintenance dates align with current vehicle production windows
- Utilize our fleet management application and other applicable tools to ensure work is scheduled and prioritized accurately and efficiently, and resources allocated appropriately
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update and communicate project critical path schedules, and advise leadership of needed adjustments to daily work activities
- Support accuracy of internal logistics movement of critical spares
- Push/pull work into the shop to improve lead times, reduce stagnation, and meet schedule needs
- Utilize maintenance, operations planning, and engineering support to eliminate internal and external blockers to reduce impact of downtime
- Remain abreast and knowledgeable regarding applicable facilities and manpower
- Lead efforts to uncover root-cause and develop permanent resolution on issues found during anomalous failures
- Identify and support improvement opportunities for workflow, quality, safety, cost and team efficiency
- Develop and support efforts to streamline care for assigned assets and automate preventive and predictive processes as applicable
- Organize and communicate the daily priorities to maintenance leadership, team leads and supervisors as required
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance
- Create and leverage metrics using queries and Excel to highlight shortages and determine schedule risks
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of professional manufacturing scheduling, fleet management, service writing, or production coordinator experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office
- 2+ years of practical experience with ERP/MRP systems in a production environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience writing queries with SQL
- Familiarity with lean principles, six sigma and Kaizen concepts
- Project management professional certification
- Must be available for all shifts, extended hours, and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.