SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Coordinate meetings, manage schedules, make appointments, arrange travel, screen and delegate incoming calls, and provide other general assistance as required
- Perform potentially confidential and complex administrative duties involving Excel, Word and PowerPoint including, typing letters, creating/updating spreadsheets, and compiling presentations
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Provide project management and maintain momentum on high-priority projects, including but not limited to, staffing and resource planning, onboarding new department members, space planning, and strategy development for efficiencies among teams
- Organize and set up department events
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in an administrative role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting a high level executive in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Experience as an executive assistant
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Office applications and project management software tools
- Several years of professional experience and strong computer literacy
- Ability to participate in developing project scope, managing project schedules, and following up with stakeholders appropriately
- Superior organizational skills including excellent written and verbal communication
- Initiative in resolving problems and an independent worker, with enthusiasm and an energetic approach to work
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Must be willing to travel to other company sites, vendors, and customers as necessary
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Executive Assistant: $70,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.