SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The role of Hospitality Supervisor will be to assist with the direction and management of our organization’s food and customer service activities. This individual will assist in the development and implementation of effective customer service strategies and training programs. The duties of Hospitality Supervisor will include but are not limited to: coordinating service operations, monitoring and motivating staff, ensuring excellent customer service, engaging with customers, hiring and developing talent and monitoring financial activities. This individual’s innovative vision and spirit in guiding hospitality functions will assist our organization in improving company morale and productivity while also supporting the company’s mission of becoming a multi-planetary species.
- Assist with the organization of large events for both onsite and offsite locations
- Supervise a team of at least 5 people
- Conduct regular 1:1 meeting with direct reports
- Assist with staff management, hiring, performance evaluations, development and growth opportunities
- Fill in at service stations as needed
- Enforce proper food safety practices with staff
- Coordinate and enhance time management for team
- Monitor cleaning of service equipment and work areas
- Facilitate effective communication of team or station needs with staff
- Perform various administrative tasks
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 6+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with ordering and inventory systems in a food services environment
- 8+ years of previous food service experience in customer service role
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Experience in corporate environment
- Experience with high volume and/or multi-facility operations
- Experience working in large team settings
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- TX Food Handlers card
- Frequent bending and stooping required for this position
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 10 hours a day
- Capability of performing manual labor tasks (lifting up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to attain manager level food safety certification
- Ability to work all shifts and available for weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.