CNC Machinist (Starship) - 2nd Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CNC MACHINIST (STARSHIP) - 2ND SHIFT
- Operate CNC machines and produce flight hardware needed to achieve program level production rate goals
- Perform precision set-ups of various CNC machines on state-of-the-art assets
- Prioritize daily work to ensure high machine uptime across the shop/area of your responsibility
- Manage cutting tools in CNC machines to ensure that machines have the needed cutting tools loaded and measured before they are called in upcoming programs
- Deburr hardware in your work center to contribute to deliveries to our downstream customers
- Operate clean line equipment, laser part marking, and general part finishing requirements
- Operate and effectively use calibrated devices to ensure hardware exiting the machine shop is conforming and meets print requirements
- Perform CNC machine preventative maintenance on a weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain the shop in terms of chip bins, oils, greases, 5S and general upkeep activities
- Remain flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and support teammates however possible
- Complete work instructions and test plans to document needed data throughout each process
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in CNC machining
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience operating CNC machinery
- Motivation to learn technical aspects of CNC machining
- Ability to read accurately and write clearly
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations accurately
- Experience in shop math, tooling technology, blueprint reading and measurement of parts
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, contributing to a team-oriented environment, balancing team and individual responsibilities
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed. Estimated shift time: 2nd shift: 3:00 PM - 1 AM
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand and kneel unassisted
- Must be able to do repetitive movement; bend or twist; use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls; exposure to sounds and distractive noise levels
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CNC Machinist/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/per hour
CNC Machinist/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/per hour
CNC Machinist/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/per hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.