Combo Welder (Launch Hardware) - Day Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COMBO WELDER (LAUNCH HARDWARE) - DAY SHIFT
- Weld using the flux cored arc welding (FCAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), and gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) processes, on carbon, stainless steel, and aluminum structural shapes, tubing and piping
- Cut, trim, fit and fabricate weldments to dimensions for building and assembling using standard tools, materials, motions, and practices of the welding trade
- Collaborate with lead welder to ensure that the proper weld procedure, type of material and rod size are accurately assessed for each welding project
- Review engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable
- Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of experience welding in a manufacturing environment with at least two of the following methods: flux cored arc welding (FCAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), or gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional experience in GTAW welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminum or titanium
- Previous welding qualifications qualified in accordance with one or more governing codes; AWS D1.1, AWS D1.2, AWS D1.6, AWS D17.1, or ASME Section IX
- Highly proficient in tube/pipe cutting, grinding and fabrication
- Knowledge in DC, GTAW welding techniques, and engineering requirements
- Knowledge in occupational hazards and effective safety precautions of the trade
- Knowledge in arc air procedures and equipment
- Experience in overhead cranes and forklifts
- Use of precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work one of the following shifts:
- 6:00am - 4:30pm Sunday - Thursday
- 6:00am - 4:30pm Tuesday - Saturday
- Available to work all required shift hours and be available to work overtime, and weekends, as needed
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs; standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to work outdoors, in conditions such as high heat and humidity
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Combo Welder/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Combo Welder/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Combo Welder/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.