Automation & Controls Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
AUTOMATION & CONTROLS SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
As a member of the Starlink Automation & Controls team, you will play a key role owning the build and activation of custom machines critical to the production of the Starlink Satellite Constellation. Additionally you will troubleshoot and repair existing assets and work to improve the long-term reliability of systems.
- Build and activate new automation projects, including mechanical assembly, wiring, pneumatics routing, I/O checkouts, and production qualification.
- Create/update/modify electrical, pneumatic, and fluid schematics
- Troubleshoot and remedy problems with mechanical/electrical/pneumatic systems, HMI’s and PLC’sLay out, build and troubleshoot new industrial electrical control panels
- Design, commission and troubleshoot PLC and HMI software applications
- Develop new, and improve on existing production and R&D robot application programming
- Support production use of deployed assets, promptly resolving issues on the production floor
- Partner with the maintenance team to maximizing equipment uptime and reliability
- High school degree or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience supporting the design and manufacture of assembly machinery or high-volume products (consumer electronics, toys, medical devices, food & beverage, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- Strong, working knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety), NFPA 79 & UL508A codes
- PLC & HMI programming experience
- Industrial machine networking experience
- Electrical schematic drawing experience
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding, problem resolution
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to bring multiple departments with different priorities together and support them in achieving common goals
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Automation & Controls Specialist /Level 1: $32.00 - $40.00/hour
Automation & Controls Specialist/Level 2: $36.00 - $45.00/hour
Automation & Controls Specialist/Level 3: $40.00 - $50.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.