Design Development Technician (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN (STARLINK)
The Starlink Development team is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of new product development, production tooling, and automation equipment for the rapidly growing Starlink factory. Technicians work closely with the engineering team to support high-impact projects to grow the Starlink Production line, from development to a high-volume production system.
- Fabricate piece parts to print using machine shop and fabrication equipment
- Building complex mechanical assemblies to a high standard, which may include, high and low-voltage wiring, and pneumatics
- Equipment operation including; forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, and tractor trailers, for critical moves/lifts within the facility
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 4+ years of welding experience including AC/DC TIG, MIG (shielded and none shielded)
- 2+ years of experience in manual machine operations, Milling and Lathe OR 2+ years of experience using fabrication tools; drill press, sanders, hand tools, cutting torch, plasma cutter, material saws
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to read blueprints and complete basic shop math
- Able to read and interpret fluid or electrical schematics
- Able to work independently and problem-solve efficiently with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and ability to work well on a team
- Willingness to provide constructive feedback to the engineering and production teams to improve tooling designs, processes, and parts
- Able to stay organized with strong attention to detail
- Precision hole drilling operations
- Proficient computer skills; comfortable with using email and the Microsoft Office suite
- CAD design skills using NX to design basic parts
- Laser tracking Experience
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Design Development Technician/Level 1: $22.00 - $29.00/hour
Design Development Technician/Level 2: $27.00 - $34.50/hour
Design Development Technician/Level 3: $32.00 - $40.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.