Starlink Sales Lead - North America
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STARLINK SALES LEAD – NORTH AMERICA
The Starlink Commercial Sales team is hiring a Sales Lead to support our team’s efforts to expand Starlink across the globe. We are actively working deals in Aviation, Maritime, Backhaul, Energy, Education, Healthcare, and many other industries as well as working with governments to explore opportunities to provide high-speed, low-latency connectivity.
- Engage in customer inquiries, qualify leads, and conduct pre-sales discussions.
- Manage the sales processes for a subset of customers and be responsible for customer follow ups, provision of necessary documentation (offer letters, NDA’s, etc) and ensuring account status in our customer database.
- Own and implement specific sales process improvement projects that enable exponential sales growth and eliminate burden on other SpaceX departments.
- Support sales managers and directors in their sales efforts including customer onsite visits, offsite meetings, conferences, and other sales events.
- You will initially support across multiple verticals while building expertise in a single vertical with growth to become a sales manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business discipline.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Independently motivated professional with a demonstrated track record of project ownership.
- Knowledge of Starlink’s network infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of launch vehicles, satellites, and/or the aerospace market.
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, and hard working with excellent customer interface skills.
- Must be willing to travel (~20%).
- Available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support closing sales opportunities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sales Lead: $90,000 - $125,000/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.