Machine Maintenance Supervisor (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (STARLINK)
SpaceX is looking for an experienced machine maintenance supervisor to oversee maintenance activities, operated over a 4 crew shift system, supporting the Starlink program. The maintenance supervisor will be responsible for building the team and developing all the processes necessary to create a high performing maintenance department. Candidate should have strong leadership skills, and extensive experience working in a fast paced environment, managing schedules and workflows.
- Build and lead a competent team of multi-skilled technicians capable of dealing with the varying process equipment supporting the build process
- Create and update PM work plans and schedules for all assets
- Support the engineers/planner with establishing the type of corrective maintenance and requested completion date, based on the analyses of each asset in failure, in order to create the required PM schedule
- Partner with engineering team, keeping up to date with all new developing technology that could improve our production operations
- Build a spares inventory that supports the maintenance strategy for each equipment type
- Responsible for supporting the scheduler to assign technicians and contractors to complete all PM schedule
- Responsible for supervising the execution of all maintenance work including emergency breakdown situation and monitoring progress
- Troubleshooting as needed to ensure a timely completion
- Communicate progress to the stakeholders at any time during the work
- Develop and manage metrics like Uptime, OEE and mean time to repair that will steer the correct decision making in the department
- Responsible for verifying all activities have been executed as planned and confirming that the asset is working again, according to required values
- Establishes possible residual effects and take required action to prevent problems from reoccurring
- Responsible for root cause analysis reports to feedback learning and improvement opportunities to the maintenance engineers and asset owners to further improve maintenance performance
- Assign the correct skills to each situation and maintain a skills matrix for all technicians and identify their training needs
- Report and keep a daily log of activities and create major breakdown reports and manage workforce shift utilization as well as absence request
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of professional experience in machining, maintenance, or production/manufacturing; OR 5+ years of professional experience in machining, maintenance, or production/manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in a direct leadership role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in an engineering discipline
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production teams
- Ability to adapt to constant changing work assignments and a fast paced work environment
- Experience applying lean manufacturing principles, and efficiency methods
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to lift, stand, climb, bend, grasp, sit, pull, push, stoop, stretch, and carry are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, Machine Maintenance: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.