Sr. Accountant, Revenue (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. ACCOUNTANT, REVENUE (STARLINK)
The Sr. Accountant, Revenue will be instrumental in the calculating, analyzing and reporting of revenue for SpaceX’s Starlink global internet business. This is a key role within the finance team with responsibility for providing executive level visibility of revenue and related sales-cycle key performance metrics necessary to understand and optimize Starlink business performance. The successful candidate will have strong drive, understanding of accounting and business processes for international sales cycles and is expected to interface with all aspects of the Starlink customer operations and sales teams.
- Prepare and report GAAP revenue recognition for Starlink sales agreements across the world
- Review the Starlink customer billing process to ensure that sales invoices are raised efficiently and fully in compliance with local tax and e-invoicing requirements for the relevant jurisdiction
- Develop/enhance revenue assurance processes and controls necessary to ensure completeness of customer invoices issued
- Work with treasury, tax and legal teams to ensure efficient compliance with global invoicing requirements across the world
- Manage the Starlink customer billing process to ensure seamless interaction with customer portal and other account management platforms
- Develop and enhance tools to track and analyze Starlink revenue performance, network utilization and other critical key performance indicators
- Work closely with the Starlink FP&A team to improve the efficiency and accuracy of financial forecasts
- Ensure timely completion and compliance with revenue and subscriber number reporting required by local regulators across the world
- Provide support for US and international audit requirements for revenue cycles of Starlink and its international subsidiary undertakings across the world
- Perform a leading role on internal projects, working closely with peer organizations to understand key business issues and translate them into financial models and metrics
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of professional experience in accounting, finance, business, or economics
- Experience with accounting for revenue across a multinational sales cycle
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics with prior advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, SQL, applied business statistics, and general modeling experience
- MBA and/or CPA license
- Experience in accounting for manufacturing or technology companies with global sales as well as strong understanding of revenue recognition principles
- Experience acting as a finance subject matter expert in the optimization of various enterprise resource planning (ERP) business tools and applications
- Knowledge of reporting, visualization, intelligence and analysis tools
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to regularly interface with executive management
- Experience with presenting analytical results in verbal and written form across a multi-disciplinary organization
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Accountant: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year."
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.