Build Operations Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BUILD OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)
The Build Operations Technician is responsible for building, installing, and troubleshooting fluid systems in support of the Starship production facility. The task requires both pipe fitting and installation experience.
- Fabricate, assemble, and integrate high quality, high reliability gaseous and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, Mechanical Drawings, GD&T
- Assembly Procedures / Work instructions
- Schematics, engineering drawings, and parts list
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Operate personnel platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Use precision calibrated tools
- Use various mechanical tools and perform electrical checkouts
- Collaborate with production operations engineers to develop and document build and integration processes
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Must have at least 1 year of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools
- Experience fabricating, inspecting, or integrating wire harness and cable assemblies
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy transport equipment
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%. Position is based in Brownsville, TX, however work at other SpaceX facilities for extended periods for similar work may be required
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.