SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX continues to challenge what is possible, surprising the industry with first of their kind tests and flights. As a Content Producer based at our headquarters in Hawthorne, you will be a visual storyteller. You will conceptualize, capture, produce, and edit engaging video and photos to tell SpaceX’s story across multiple platforms, including: web, social, event broadcasts, community outreach, and internal presentations.
- Drive the concept and storyboarding processes for new content
- Produce/shoot/edit videos and photos
- Actively monitor and track significant milestones and put plans in place to create supporting content
- Provide clear communication of project statuses (milestones, etc.) to the rest of the creative and content development team
- Interface directly with engineering, creative, and communication teams to identify priority projects and ensure the most innovative and effective creative elements are produced
- Create, organize, and archive assets
- Clean/maintain camera gear and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of hands on filming, production, and editing experience for a major corporation, news organization or creative agency
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in video and still camera operation, lighting, direction, production coordination, and post-production
- Experience using video and photo editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve, and Handbrake)
- Ability to translate business needs into strong visual content at both the conceptual and execution level
- Proven ability to concept, script, produce, and edit compelling and impactful videos from start to finish
- Innate ability to ‘find the story,’ using your journalistic instincts to identify the most compelling aspects of a story, and find new storytelling opportunities
- Ability to work independently, yet also collaborate across all areas of the company to ensure the highest quality videos and photos
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet tight deadlines, and thrive under pressure
- Knowledge of technical production basics for webcasts, press conferences, press events, etc.
- Understanding of archival sciences and an interest in growing the company’s photo and video archival system
- Experience with remote camera systems controlled by sound triggers or automated software
- Ability to work quickly while upholding a high standard of excellence
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-project design/production environment, and eager to meet and exceed objectives
- Possesses strong journalistic instincts, outstanding interpersonal communication skills, and a “can-do” attitude
- Exceptionally organized
- Willingness to travel
- Must be willing to work some weekends to support launch operations and critical project timelines
- Please provide examples of prior work with your application
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Content Producer /Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Content Producer /Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.