Sr. Supply Chain Planner (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (STARLINK)
As a member of the Starlink Supply Chain team you will support an elite group of engineers to source and activate custom tools critical to the production of the Starlink satellite constellation. Our team moves quickly and you must too. SpaceX has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality and speed of execution. This roles scope will help develop the factory of the future.
- Maintain accuracy and audit bill of materials in MRP systems in preparation for production at rate
- Manage inventory level targets, reviewing line of balances, aligning demand supply signals and allocations, maintaining product master data and developing expertise in in-house systems and reports
- Mitigate risk and ensure continuity of supply by constructing and executing to a well thought out supply plan that fulfills the needs of the product on time and with quality
- Execute MRP planning messages for production parts
- Issue purchase orders for production ready (post-NPI handoff) requirements and ensure delivery. Manage relevant purchase order master data to ensure timely delivery and provide production with dependable delivery signals
- Coordinate with engineering, production, and quality organizations to determine change cut in and reduce obsolescence of material and eliminate/reduce quality issues
- Partner with internal stakeholders on implementing advanced supply chain strategies like long term purchases, design for manufacturing to reduce cost and improve quality
- Proactively manage inventory, prevent stock outs while optimizing the utilization of SpaceX working capital
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and distributors to ensure communication channels are buzzing with real time delivery information and work in progress
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Analyze supply chain data and report out metrics
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical knowledge in a commodity – for example, machining, sheet metal fabrication, tube bending and assembly, weldment assembly, soft goods etc.
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, completing cost models, and negotiating
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- SQL Experience
- PowerBI experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Project, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Experience navigating multitier Bill of Materials and work orders
- APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Able to conduct all activities with the highest of integrity
- Understanding of block-chain powered supply chain platforms to boost efficiency, traceability, and transparency
- Must be able to travel - up to 30% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Supply Chain Planner: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.