Sr. Software Engineer, LabVIEW (Raptor Engines)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER, LABVIEW (RAPTOR ENGINES)
This position is especially well-suited for LabVIEW software developers and is responsible for engineering software that controls Raptor, Falcon, and Dragon rocket engine hot-fire tests on a daily basis. Being part of the Texas Test Software team involves designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software used for rocket test stand data acquisition and control, data post-processing, and other engineering software needs. This team works closely with test engineers, electrical engineers, other flight and ground software teams, and information technologies to rapidly deploy high-performance software catering to unique test engineering requirements. This role is highly multi-disciplinary, will work in a variety of software languages, and works closely with hardware. Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on a super-inspiring mission.
- Architect and develop LabVIEW and other software and systems for
- Data acquisition and control for test stands
- Data storage and analysis
- Automation of engineering and business functions
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, test engineers, and IT to develop hardware and network solution for test stand data and control needs
- Support active test stands when software issues are encountered
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and test stand integration
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement and training
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a STEM discipline and 5+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering; OR 7+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of experience developing software in LabVIEW (internships or side-project experience qualifies)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- LabVIEW developer certifications (CLAD, CLD, CLA)
- Experience with National Instruments hardware (cDAQ, cRIO, PXI)
- Experience with C, C++, Python
- Strong drive to deliver impactful results
- Experience with network communication
- Proven experience architecting, managing, and integrating large distributed systems
- Experience with debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently, and within a team -- taking initiative, and communicating effectively
- Must be available to work extended hours, weekends, and shifts, which varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.