Construction Project Manager, Launch Pad
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER, LAUNCH PAD
The Construction Project Manager coordinates all on-site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of quality and supervising all trade and field personal, while also administering good construction safety practices with all on site activities. They also maintain the job site and close out the project.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to the original plans and specifications
- Maintain the construction schedule, identify and solve problems
- Coordinate material and equipment deliveries and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the construction process
- Understand the project plans, specifications and SpaceX construction purchasing systems
- Maintain a positive relationship with the SpaceX end user, contractors, suppliers, and other SpaceX employees
- Communicate changes in schedule and supervises completion of the final punch list including general site cleanup
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Hold weekly “tail gate” job safety meeting with the on-site contractors, vendors and suppliers
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Responsible for safety and security coordination for upcoming construction projects
- Perform onsite surveying including layout and as-builts
- Responsible for obtaining and auditing contractor daily reports, staying ahead of budget, and communicating change orders
- Maintain an organized job site and on-site construction “office”
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Experience with construction of concrete/steel infrastructure or land development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of successful project management, supervision and expediting experience
- Experience managing multiple projects and working all phases of construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Projects
- Self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Organized with a systematic approach to task to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
- Potential to be exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Ability to stand for extended periods
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Construction Project Manager: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.