SoC Physical Verification Engineer (Silicon Engineering)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOC PHYSICAL VERIFICATION ENGINEER (SILICON ENGINEERING)
As a member of our multifaceted ASIC team, you will have the rare and phenomenal opportunity to craft upcoming SOCs that will enable our Starlink chips. These chips help connect, enable, and empower humanity every single day with performance that far surpasses that of traditional satellite internet and ground infrastructure limitations. Starlink delivers high-speed, low latency broadband internet to locations where access has been unreliable, expensive, or completely unavailable.
In this critical role, as a SOC physical and electrical verification engineer, you will be collaborating with architecture, timing, and logic design teams making a crucial impact on delivering cutting edge SOCs for customers on Earth and beyond. We are looking for people who want to dive in and get their hands dirty and push the limits of what is possible through innovation, determination, and teamwork.
- Develop and support block and full chip automated physical verification (PV) flows and scripts
- Perform block and full chip physical verification and work with physical design (PD) team to close design issues
- Execute SOC GDSII integration, seal ring addition and tapeout collateral generation to send to the foundry
- Work closely with semiconductor foundries on installation, maintenance of process design kits (PDKs) for SOC physical design teams
- Be the bridge between physical design team and the foundry, doing PV electronic design automation (EDA) tool support across all silicon projects
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 2+ years of experience working with block or full chip physical verification, voltage drop and/or power/signal electromigration analysis
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in industry standard physical verification EDA tools
- Experience in developing block and full chip physical verification flows for Design Rule Check (DRC)/Layout Versus Schematic (LVS)/Antenna (ANT)/Electrical Rule Check (ERC)/Design for Manufacturing (DFM)/Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) etc.
- Experience in top-level integration of connectivity, system bus, peripherals and CPU IP
- Experience in ASIC physical design and strong experience in mixed-signal IP integration
- Proficiency in writing Linux shell scripts and general programming (e.g., Perl, shell, TCL and/or Python)
- Experience working with foundry, installing PDKs, libraries, IPs and setting up design environments for PD teams
- Strong knowledge of deep sub-micron FinFET technology nodes (7nm and below)
- Self-driven individual with a can-do attitude, and an ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Must be willing to travel when needed (typically <10%)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Physical Verification Engineer/Level I: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Physical Verification Engineer/Level II: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.