Orbital Tube Welder (Fluid Systems)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ORBITAL TUBE WELDER (FLUID SYSTEMS)
- Follow established procedures to setup and operate the orbital welding system
- Work from blueprints and approved drawings
- Cut and prepare all tubing and fittings used in the welding operation
- Perform setup of the welding system
- Assemble and calibrate liquid controllers and systems as required
- Inspect all completed assemblies using the borescope inspection system
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts for the welding system
- Maintain a clean work area
- Maintain a file of all work records
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ year of welding, machining or manufacturing experience (technical trade school will qualify)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification from a formal orbital weld training program
- 3+ years of orbital welding experience
- Airframe and powerplant (A&P) license
- TIG welding and clean room experience
- Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. 1st shift (5 AM – 3:30 PM) or 2nd shift (3:30 PM – 2 AM)
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Orbital Tube Welder/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Orbital Tube Welder/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Orbital Tube Welder/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.