Customer Relations and Events Lead
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND EVENTS LEAD
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team focused on creating the best events and experiences for every customer and employee at SpaceX. Seeking a team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is eager to work with us toward accomplishing our mission.
- Manage our new internal event space from start to finish including booking all events, creating banquet event orders (BEO), and working with SpaceX catering, A/V, and security teams to plan and execute events on-site for this 100-person venue. Vet all incoming event requests and work closely with leadership on approval of internal events.
- Work alongside the customer and community relations team to plan and execute customer launch events, special events, and employee experiences. This includes coordinating client calls, planning logistics, working with vendors, managing set-up, and acting as a lead on-site for the customer.
- Work directly with SpaceX security to understand and adhere to Air Force/NASA security clearance requirements for guests. Submit guest lists for approval and act as a Foreign National escort for events.
- Brainstorm unique guest experiences, source new vendors, harness our current relationships, and provide creative solutions for each event.
- Manage the Cape VIP tour program including vetting requests, scheduling, and coordinating all logistics for each visit.
- Work with the team on administrative duties such as submitting POs, vendor contracts, shipping needs, managing budgets, maintaining and updating internal tracking, specialty customer gift shipping, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years’ experience in events or a hospitality-related field in the Florida area.
- 5+ years’ experience in events or a hospitality-related field in the Florida area, preferably within a venue.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A keen attention to detail and ability to execute events flawlessly.
- Strong communication skills to be comfortable talking to executive level customers.
- Flexible and easygoing with an understanding that there will be last minute changes.
- Ability to make good decisions quickly and think outside of the box.
- Have a flexible schedule and be willing to work on VIP launch events that often move dates and happen on nights/weekends.
- Experience managing event software and tracking systems for invitations and agendas.
- Experience working with venues and vendors in the central Florida area (Cape Canaveral/Orlando).
- Destination management experience.
- Travel often domestically and internationally, and work overtime as needed to attend and execute events.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Customer Relations and Events Lead/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.