TIG Welder (Raptor)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TIG WELDER (RAPTOR)
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various fluid systems and various sub-assembly components
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Operate forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Perform blending, filing and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with TIG welding
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminum or titanium
- Experience with aerospace TIG welding
- Highly proficient in tube (small and large diameter up to 6”) cutting grinding and fabrication
- Proficient in blue print reading and lay out
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- AWS D17.1 and D1.2 certification
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (5:00 AM), 2nd shift (3:00 PM)
- Able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
TIG Welder/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
TIG Welder/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
TIG Welder/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.